Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Haec Est Vita.

A year and a half later . . . Today, in Latin III, we were reading one of Horace's poems about how awkward he got when his stalker wouldn't leave him alone. Now, the common reaction to Quintus' poems lately have been: "ugh! I hate these poems! Does Quintus die? Did he every have a girlfriend? Why are there so many of Quintus' poems?" In the poem we read today, Quintus was talking about how he was so uncomfortable with a guy that wouldn't stop following/talking to him that he was sweating a lot. The girls in the class thought this was so dumb, and why would he write a poem about this. I told them that he was inspired by is awkward situation . . . which lead me to remember one of my first blog posts about the public library (or at least the one at Himmel Park). I am not saying that my blog posts are anything compared to Horace's poetry, but I can at least sympathize with the guy . . . sometimes there are some ridiculously awkward situations in life and all you can do is tell the world about it. Horace just puts it much more eloquently.

All to say . . . this is my attempt to update and continue blogging. Thank you, Horace, for reminding me of my inspiration. I have also changed the name of blog, seeing as Kaylan is the only person who reads this.

1 comment:

  1. awkward situations make the most interesting stories...

    ReplyDelete