Friday, January 1, 2010

Auld Lang Syne . . .

Happy New Year! This new year was much better than last year's! I was remembering some of the things I hoped for, or was excited about, in New Year's past. 2007: I felt like I had just received the best gift of all - I was given my life back and I was ecstatic about the future; I had no idea what to expect but I knew it was going to be awesome! That is one thing about a life-saving experience: you become a little more thankful. 2008: 2007 was great and not at all what I expected (in a good way), but my freedom didn't really play out the way expected . . . maybe I should be a little more proactive. Needless to say, some very poor decisions were made that year. 2009: there is no way 2009 could be worse than 2008. This is the year. Everything will change this year. But I ended up living my life in 2009 for the purpose of trying to redeem myself for 2008 (shouldn't I know by now that this is an impossible task???). I have been blessed by 2009 in many ways: my mom has (almost) survived cancer, I passed my AEPA tests, received 'A's in all of my classes this semester, have a great family, awesome students, and I get to see my best friend at work everyday! What better way to end/begin a year?! 2010: I no longer hope for, or expect, those things I hoped for and expected in 2007, 2008, and 2009. I have a feeling that this year is going to be fun, exciting, and that new things are going to happen! This seems like a good place to insert my New Year's resolutions: I don't make resolutions because I never keep them! My theme verses for 2010 are Hebrews 13:15-16. I want to know what it means to offer the sacrifice of praise . . . I have a feeling it doesn't mean to only offer praises when I am happy and things are going well . . . I am also reminded that Jesus never promised a life of security for his followers. All he asks is a teachable heart so that we may be transformed by the renewing of our minds.

Here is a version of Auld Lang Syne that I enjoy . . . for best results you should listen to it while reading this blog post!

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post! super insightful and deep :) I like the idea of living for today instead of making up for yesterday. Good words for me to read :)

    ReplyDelete