Sunday, January 17, 2010

So My Dog's a Racist . . .

Here's what I have learned the past couple of weeks:

1) I think my dog may be racist. I am not going to tell you what race she is racist against because that would be racist of me. But she growls and barks at a particular race - I discovered this when I took her running with me around Reid Park the other day.

2) My hips are crooked. My right leg has been hurting for about 6 weeks but I just treated it as I do any other problem in my life: maybe if I just ignore it, it will go away. On Wednesday morning I could barely walk. I thought, "If I walk slow enough, or just don't move around too much today, maybe my students won't notice I'm a gimp." Well, I didn't make it more than 5 minutes into 1st period. I shifted my weight from my left leg to my right, winced in pain, and grabbed my leg. Needless to say, I saw 16 faces in sheer confusion, wondering what the heck is wrong me (something I ask myself every day). As usual I just lied to them. I told them I hurt my leg running from a lion that escaped from the zoo. I have no idea why the never believe anything I say to them. I had the athletic trainer that works at our school exam me; that was another experience. I was being examined in my teacher outfit among several students in their athletic clothes. Have I mentioned that my life is like one big awkward moment? No big deal. She broke the news to me that my hips are crooked. Thankfully she gave me some stretches to do that will pop everything back in place . . . welcome to 25.

3) I think that teaching must have some similarities to being a parent. I recently discovered that my students have a lot more access to my personal life than I thought. Thank you, facebook. Apparently some of my students have found my blog, even though I thought I took the necessary steps to make sure that wouldn't happen. Good thing I don't lead a very scandalous life! This blog shout-out goes to you, Kaylan. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment