Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Night I Was Rejected By Ryan Phillippe . . .

First of all, I am supposed to be in Austin, TX right now. I had a decision to make this week, and I definitely got the answer I was looking for, so I cancelled my trip to Austin. This worked out very well because Ryan Phillipe was in Tucson promoting his new movie tonight. Yes, Ryan Phillipe is on my celebrity crush list (second only to Justin Timberlake) and when a celebrity from your crush list is in town, you go see him (especially if your celebrity crush list is made up of 2 people). Thankfully, my friend Tanita is always up for crazy adventures with me. I put on a cute outfit (it couldn't hurt, right?) and we left for Gentle Ben's. I saw a friend from high school, so we cut in line with her. Behind me was one of my brother's friends who had a copy of Cruel Intentions for Ryan Phillipe to sign (although he was going to have his girlfriend get it signed for him) - that was one of my favorites! I wish I could have seen Ryan Phillipe's reaction! I decided to sign a piece of paper to give him and say, "I wanted to give you my autograph, Ryan"! A couple people asked if I was also going to put my number, but I figured every girl does that and if he wanted my number, he would ask for it! I'm classy like that! (Whatever.) Ryan Phillipe and his fellow cast members, including Will Forte, had to leave for the advanced screening of their new movie, so I snuck over to the side where I was hoping to get a word in to Ryan (Phillipe). I didn't want his autograph, I just wanted a picture with him (and maybe sit on his lap . . .)! Finally, my moment came. It took a lot of urging from Tanita & friends, but they pushed me forward and I said to Ryan Phillipe, "Ryan, would I be able to get a picture with you?" Ryan turned to me, tilted his head in a sympathetic (and sexy) manner, responding, "no, we are going to do that after the screening". I just said, "okay", and walked away slowly.

All I got was this picture with him . . .
And then the after picture . . .
HOWEVER . . . when they left, Ryan Phillipe high-fived Tanita and Will Forte lingered around for a bit. We ended up getting a picture with Will; Tanita got another high-five, and we talked to him for a bit. He was so nice, funny, and just plain awesome!
We didn't go to the screening . . . I have a job. But we did finish the night with Chipotle!





I want to give this blog shout-out to Makain, who got his copy of Cruel Intentions signed! You are my hero!

1 comment:

  1. At least you are getting rejected by hot, famous people. I just feel like the average loser next to that!

    ReplyDelete